This is a detailed guide to the best places to sell used DVDs for cash. If you still have a pile of DVDs in your house, read this article to the end to know where to sell them.
DVDs were largely used for entertainment in the 90s and early 2000, but presently they are replaced by streaming and other media technologies like Netflix, Hulu, etc.
Many people used to purchase DVDs to watch their favorite entertainers and since they are no longer in use, they are left to occupy space in the house.
Many people have boxes of DVDs in their homes and do not know what to do with them, if you are one of those people, it is time to make good money.
Those old DVDs heaped in your house are worth a lot more than you think, read this article to the end to know where to sell them and make money.
Best Places To Sell Used DVDs For Cash
Below are the best places to sell used DVDs for cash.
Deccluttr is one of the best places to sell used DVDs for cash. Selling on Decluttr is easy, safe, and reliable.
You do not have to write listings, take pictures, wait for bids to roll in, and, worst of all, deal with unreliable buyers who might not even pay, Decluttr does all that for you.
All you need to do is to tell them what you are selling and they will give you an instant valuation. Then, pack your items into a box, ship it to them for free and they will pay you by direct deposit or PayPal when they have processed your items.
To have the best experience, download Decluttr’s free iPhone or Android app. It will let you scan your barcodes with your phone’s camera.
How To Sell On Decluttr
Below is the step-by-step guide on how to sell on Decluttr.
1. On their site, enter the barcode on the back of the DVD case or download their free mobile app to use the barcode scanner.
2. Get an instant quote. Note that this valuation is locked in for 28 days.
3. Accept the price.
4. Pack your items into a secured box. They will send a welcome pack containing your free shipping label by email after you complete your order. Print this label out, and tape it to your box.
5. Just drop your box off at your nearest shipping location for free and they will handle the rest. All your items are fully insured during transit, so you don’t have to worry about them missing.
6. When your items arrive warehouse, their expert team will check them over and remove any personal data using their specialist software. You will get paid when your items are fully processed by Direct Deposit or PayPal.
Also read: Best Places To Sell Used Sports Equipment
Selldvdsonline.com is one of the best places to sell used DVDs for cash. The site does not have an app with a barcode scanner so you need to enter each UPC code into the search field individually.
The good thing about this company is that they cover shipping costs and all payments are processed within 3 days of your order being received.
You need to make sure that your DVDs are in good playing condition, have their original packaging and artwork, and are free from scratches to be considered by them.
How To Sell On Selldvdsonline.com
Below is the step-by-step guide on how to sell on Selldvdsonline.com.
1. Enter UPC on the site to get an instant Price Quote
2. Print out pre-paid shipping label
3. Get paid via check or PayPal
eBay is one of the best places to sell used DVDs for cash. However, your DVDs must be in good playing condition if you want buyers to compete for them and pay higher.
On eBay, you can sell your whole DVD collection individually or in a bundle. Selling in bulk is easier but you might not get a lot of money from it like selling individually.
On eBay, you are protected by policies as a seller and you choose when you want to get paid
You can choose either daily or weekly payouts, and your earnings are deposited directly into your bank account.
How To Sell Your DVDs On eBay
Below is the step-by-step guide on how to sell your DVDs on eBay.
1. To sell your DVDs on eBay, you need to, first of all, create an account, then list your items. To sell your items immediately, do not give a long description of your product, focus on specific details like brand, model, size, and color.
2. Take high-quality photos. Snap your items from multiple angles in a well-lit place, and capture any defects for transparency. If your background is not presentable, you can edit your images and add a white background on the eBay app.
3. Pick a purchase format. If you want to sell your item immediately use the ‘Buy it Now’ purchase format. However, if you want to shoot for the best possible price, choose auction.
4. Set the right price. If you do not have the price to set, check the prices of similar items online.
5. The last thing is to ship your product. To save on shipping, use an eBay delivery label, and if you are selling locally, you can also offer Local Pickup.
4. Facebook Marketplace
Facebook Marketplace is one of the best places to sell used DVDs for cash. Selling on Facebook Marketplace is easy and straightforward, and listing is free.
If you want to find a local buyer, search by your location to find those interested in buying DVDs in your area.
To sell on Facebook Marketplace, from your News Feed, click Marketplace, then click on create a new listing, then click item for sale, after that, add photos and a description.
Once you have provided all the necessary information, you can now publish it. You can also sell on Facebook Buy and Sell groups.
All you need to do is to locate the group from your newsfeed, then click on sell something, enter product details, and click Next. Finally, choose your audience and click Publish.
Craigslist is one of the best places to sell used DVDs for cash. It is very easy to sell on this site and you can list practically anything on this marketplace.
Listing on this site is free, and you get to keep everything you earn.
Moreover, Craigslist is good for local sales and selling things in bulk. There is no shipping fee as you would need to arrange meet-ups to give your buyer the goods.
How To Sell On Craigslist
Below is the step-by-step guide on how to sell on Craigslist
1. Go to Craigslist.org and choose the state and region you are in
2. Select Post to Classifieds
3. Select For Sale by Owner
4. Enter your contact information
5. Add product details and images in Posting Title and Posting Body
6. Check your inbox for a verification email from Craigslist
7. Click the link and click the publish button for your listing to be live
6. Eagle Saver
Eagle Saver is one of the best places to sell used DVDs for cash. It is very easy to sell your DVDs on this platform, all you need to do is to place an order with them and conveniently ship all your items at the same time.
When you sell on this platform, you get a free FedEx shipping label, tracking number, and $100 package insurance.
When you ship to them by FedEx or USPS, you will be able to monitor the status of your order, and also determine where your order is while in transit and when it arrives.
The good thing about selling on EagleSaver.com is that your payment will be processed within 24 hours of receipt of the items.
Bonavendi is one of the best places to sell used DVDs for cash. Apart from selling your DVDs, you can sell your used books, your CD collection, your Blu-ray collection as well as video games.
Selling on this site is very easy, and you can sell at the best price thanks to the free Bonavendi price comparison where prices are compared to find the best deal within seconds.
Moreover, the selling process of Bonavendi is quite different from that of other websites, it works more like a search engine, and you cannot sell to this site directly.
To have the best experience, use the free Bonavendi apps for iPhone and Android. All you need to do to sell your items is to scan the barcodes, get the best prices, and easily sell all the items through the website.
Amazon is one of the best places to sell used DVDs for cash. Selling on Amazon is very easy, and you receive your payment as soon as Amazon receives your DVDs and Blu-rays and send them to the buyer.
Selling on Amazon is not free, Amazon takes a cut of your earnings and you can earn cash or Amazon credits.
How to sell on Amazon
Below is a step-by-step guide on how to sell on Amazon.
1. Go to the Trade-In Store or app and search for eligible items
2. Select the items to add to your trade-in order
3. Enter the condition
4. Enter the address you are shipping your items from
After this, follow the instruction to confirm the trade-in, and ship your items by the proper date.
Also read: Best Sites and Apps Like Mercari For Sellers
Pawnshops are some of the best places to sell used DVDs for cash. When you sell your item at a local pawn shop, you will not need to worry about taking pictures or shipping your items.
Although this option will not fetch you the desired money, it is the easiest way to sell.
To sell at a pawnshop, first of all, research reviews online to find the right pawnshop, decide if you want to pawn or sell, get prepared to negotiate, and present your product in the best way.
FYE is one of the best places to sell used DVDs for cash, it was founded in 1973, and now operates nearly 200 stores. Moreover, you need to create an account on this website before you can start selling your items.
That is all on the best places to sell used DVDs for cash, I hope it helps you sell yours.